Allergy and Spirituality (Barron)
1. How does the NAET method work to heal allergies?
a. by applying a minute dose of a homeopathic remedy that causes
symptoms similar to those of the disease, thus allowing the body to heal
b. by applying forgiveness to childhood traumas.
c. by converting negative emotions to positive ones.
d. by tapping on the meridian point where one’s muscles are weakened by an
2. The author believes that in order to deal with
the root cause of spiritual allergies, one must deal with ___ in the
a. low self esteem
b. individual narcissism
c. willfulness (pride)
d. negative emotions
Korean Military Wives (Chang)
3. The process through which Korean wives recover their dignity and
self-confidence by raising their own voices to fellow Korean Americans and
American spouses is called
4. Which is the LEAST helpful for Korean American pastors to encourage
among Korean military wives?
a. Individual confession of sins.
b. Communal confessions of complicity in the sins of oppression and
c. Gaining one’s voice.
d. Developing one’s counter-story.
Chaplains’ Time with Hospitalized Veterans (Fletcher)
5. The goal of this study was to identify one question that would assess a
hospital veteran’s desire to see a chaplain. What was that question?
a. “Do you want to see a chaplain?”
b. “Have you ever talked with a chaplain before?”
c. “How much do you want to meet with a chaplain as part of this hospital
d. “Have you ever thought of talking with a chaplain?”
6. This study found a correlation between the desire to see a chaplain
a. having fired a gun in combat.
b. having been fired upon in combat.
c. the age of the veteran.
d. none of the above.
Transformative Learning Theory (Jones)
7. In broad terms, transformative learning is a process in
a. seek meaning through rational discourse, without regard to affective
b. exchange destructive emotions for positive ones.
c. accept that they cannot find meaning in all difficult circumstances.
d. question, examine, validate, and reconstruct their perspective on the
world and the way it works.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of Mezirow’s ideal conditions for
a. Abandon traditional values, beliefs, and assumptions.
b. Be free from coercion and distorting self-perception.
c. Be able to weigh evidence and assess arguments objectively.
d. Be able to think critically on presuppositions and their consequences.
Ministerial Burnout (McDevitt)
9. For religious leaders trying to help priests who are burned out, which is
NOT a characteristic of using Motivational Interviewing?
a. Enhancing discrepancies between a priest’s current behavior and their
spoken beliefs and goals.
b. Using argumentation to re-energize a priest’s motivation and passion.
c. Reviewing the consequences of a priest’s particular action or non-action.
d. Using reflective listening, a non-judgmental attitude, and open-ended
10. The re-awakening of a burned-out priest’s spirituality involve all
the following EXCEPT
a. letting go of lost opportunities.
c. a sense of peace.
d. using a problem-solving approach.